You should be signed in to submit the Report Form.
Define your location
Drag the marker to indicate the location. Remember, you can zoom into the map for a more precise location.
Write down the chosen phrase e.g: A fat cat
Define the kind of the phrase e.g.: idiom
Write down its translation e.g.: жирный кот
Define the theme group according to the content of lexis e.g.: the animal
Choose the Russian equivalent of the chosen idiom e.g.: денежный мешок
Write down the meaning of the idiom or a proverb you are studying Explain in your own words what this idiom means and when it is used in speech. E.g: A very rich and influential person
Create or find out a picture to the English idiom or a proverb you are studying Note that you need to portray the English idiom in a literal translation. For example, "A fat cat" - it is necessary to draw a fat cat but not something or somebody else.
2. Translate it from Russian into English (literally)
3. Study the difference between idioms and proverbs
4. Try to define if it is a proverb or an idiom.
5. Try to choose a suitable Russian equivalent (they can coincide or not)
4.Define and describe the meaning of the chosen idiom or a proverb in your own words or find it in the Internet.
5. Draw or find a suitable picture of the chosen phrase. While creating the picture it is necessary to remember that you should draw the idiom or a proverb in its origin but not the meaning because we create pictures for better remembering of English idioms. E.g. "When pigs fly" has some Russian equivalents: после дождичка в четверг, когда рак на горе свиснет. But you should draw a flying pig.