Data Collection and Analysis
Review the Report Form questions to prepare students to collect the relevant data. You can print the form for field use.
Students collect data, then use the Report Form to submit their findings and results. Then, review the Findings data so that students can compare their observations with those from other students around the globe.
Note: you can review the Findings any time as more data is collected from other classrooms.
Extend the experience after examining your findings and global results.
- Explain to students that specific holiday customs and traditions are influenced by communities and geography. Play the segment Germany, Mexico, France, and United States: Winter Holidays Around the World (Canadian Subscribers) and use a Spotlight on Strategy (SOS) that focuses on key ideas and details (Canadian Subscribers).
- Have students create a Discovery Education Board about their own favorite holiday. For more information on how to get started with Board Builder, explore the 50 Ways to Use Board Builder Interactive Module (Canadian Subscriber).
- Host a multicultural celebration in which students bring in elements that represent their favorite holiday.
- Share out your project with the hashtag #CelebratewithDE
- Project was published on:November 20, 2015