Language of advertising
Analysis and comparison of advertising texts (Russian and those of target-language countries), identification of their linguistic characteristics.
We put forward several hypotheses of our research:
1. Hyperbole is the main means of expression in advertising.
2. Means of advertising expressiveness in different countries will be dissimilar, due to national mental varieties.
3. The attitude of the project participants to advertising is indifferent, and they do not pay attention to it.
4. Advertising slogans can help students to understand and memorize phonetics, vocabulary and grammar at lessons.
Newspapers, magazines, brochures, booklets, TV and radio advertising. Scanner and camera.
Why use data from multiple participants?
GlobalLab brings together participants from Russia and foreign countries. The presentation of their illustrative products can make the research comprehensive and interesting.
- To learn theoretical material on the issue.
- To choose advertising slogan from the media (both Russian and overseas).
- Since the aim of our research is to compare the language means of Russian and foreign advertising texts, it is desirable for the participants to present both Russian and authentic advertising slogans (i.e. in a foreign language).
- To specify, which language means of expression are used in the selected advertising slogan (stylistic techniques, grammatical, lexical and phonetic constructions).
- At the end of the project, please, answer the question: “Can authentic advertising slogans help students in learning a foreign language (to facilitate understanding of the language means of expression, to remember phonetic, lexical or grammatical structures)?”.
Copyright compliance (it is necessary to specify the source of information when quoting)
- Project was published on:March 5, 2018