UV light levels around the world
This project has two goals:
1.Discover how the Sun's UV levels vary during the day and across the globe
2. Discover the level of awareness related to UV radiation in the communities.
1. How does the Sun's UV levels vary during the day in the same place?
2. Are UV rays the same throughout the globe?
3. What is the level of awareness of the community regarding UV radiation?
UV sensitive color changing beads - find them through amazon.co.uk with the code: B01DNHP9CU or using the keywords "UV beads"
Why use data from multiple participants?
This project intends to give students a global view of the research questions.
1. Expose the beads to direct sunlight in a non-cloudy day at the three following hours of the day
9am, 1pm and 5pm
and compare their colour to the colors of the UV radiation scale to see to which color it corresponds: Insert the results in the report form.
2. At each of these 3 times, take a picture of the beads while exposed, save it and upload them in the report form.
3. Use the interview items on the report form (questions 11 to 14) of this project to interview one familiy member about their opinions related to UV rays. Feel free to interview more people and register their answers in your notebook.
Make sure you protect your skin from the sun in case you are going to be exposed directly between 10am and 4pm.
- Project was published on:March 19, 2019