When pigs fly.
To create a dictionary of English idioms d proverbs in pictures.
1. The dictionary of English idioms and proverbs (if there is one)
2. A computer or any gadget with the Internet
3.Things for drawing or painting (pens, pencils, markers, paints)
Why use data from multiple participants?
Together we could create more pictures of English proverbs and idioms, define their meaning and make up our own dictionary of English proverbs and idioms in pictures.
1. Choose a phrase.
2. Translate it from Russian into English (literally)
3. Study the difference between idioms and proverbs
4. Try to define if it is a proverb or an idiom.
5. Try to choose a suitable Russian equivalent (they can coincide or not)
4.Define and describe the meaning of the chosen idiom or a proverb in your own words or find it in the Internet.
5. Draw or find a suitable picture of the chosen phrase. While creating the picture it is necessary to remember that you should draw the idiom or a proverb in its origin but not the meaning because we create pictures for better remembering of English idioms. E.g. "When pigs fly" has some Russian equivalents: после дождичка в четверг, когда рак на горе свиснет. But you should draw a flying pig.
The project is safe
- Project was published on:December 9, 2019