Operation Pet Names
To compile a collection of contemporary pet names on a world map.
- Pet names are not related to the genus or species that pets belong to.
- Pet names often reflect characteristics of either the pets or their owners.
A photo camera or a camera in a smartphone or digital device.
Why use data from multiple participants?
Only a collaborative investigation can produce findings for the first international zoonym classification.
- What pet do you have? If you have several pets, choose one for this study.
- Take a photo of your pet and upload it to your Report Form.
- Fill in the fields in the Report Form about the origin of your pet’s name.
- Contribute to our study by participating in discussions and blogs. Сhoose the funniest and the most appropriate pet names from the GlobalLab community. You may even suggest a zoonym classification of your own.
When photographing your pet, try not to hurt or discomfort the animal. Treat it with care and respect, and do not tease it.
- Project was published on:August 22, 2013